This maple will grow to 20ft in Austin and can tolerate morning sun if the soil is good.
Scientific Name: Acer palmatum ‘Sango-kaku’
- Considered one of the best Japanese maples. 4 seasons of interest and taller upright growth gives this maple many landscape options.
- Bright Chartreuse leaves emerge in the spring.
- Aging to a dark green that then gives bright yellow and orange fall color.
- Winter brings brightly reddish orange colored branches and twigs that intensifies with cold weather.
- This maple will grow to 20ft in Austin and can tolerate morning sun if the soil is good.
- This maple is a great understory tree for a soft graceful look.