One of the few evergreen vines to grow well in our area and it is native.
Scientific Name: Gelsemium Sempervirens
- Native to Texas and the southeast and most of the tropics and subtropics of America.
- This evergreen vine twines itself around trees fences and buildings. It can mound and trail on the ground if left untrimmed.
- Very hardy with few insect or disease issues and great for butterflies and hummingbirds.
- This early spring bloomer is fragrant and very showy when in bloom.
- It can grow both in sun and light shade but blooms the best in the sun.
- The plant is toxic so don’t plant around grazing animals. Honeybees love it but it can also be toxic to them if they overindulge.
- One of the few evergreen vines to grow well in our area and it is native.